The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Monday, February 01, 2010

LADY GAGA Rocks, But the Grammys Are Dead To Me

Lady Gaga opened the Grammy's this year with the theatricality we have all come to know and love from America's greatest current pop star. The performance - a medley of "Poker Face", "Speechless" and "Your Song" - featured a riveting duet and duel of the keys with Elton John. From there it was downhill the rest of the evening. Don't even get me started about the Best New Artist category. I still can't understand how Silversun Pickups even qualify in this category, but then Zac Brown beats out MGMT and The Ting Tings for the award! My nominees for this category would have looked like this:

The Antlers
Fever Ray
Lady Gaga
Neon Indian
The XX

3 comments:

Comedian Carmel said...

Don't get me wrong . . I like Lady Gaga, especially her last album, and I like what she's trying to do, but lately it all just seems a bit too much. Like each time she is always trying to outdo each performance, and it just ends up taking away from the music itself.

I thought the Grammy performance was really rediculous if you ask me, which you haven't, but why not give my opinion anyway right?;) She is becoming totally like she is full of herself and is buying into the very thing that she is attempting to portray in her music. Long story short - she is becoming a bit overrated, especially that damn song "Speechless" -it's such a horribly annoying and mediocre song. Seriously.

Unknown said...

I agree. Taylor Swift and Beyonce both need to be shot.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it