The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Countdown to Coachella part 3 - 9 Days...


These are perhaps the four biggest reasons why I wanted to go to Coachella this year...and they're all on the same day!


LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
Every single time I've tried to see James Murphy live I always just miss the boat. The recent string of dates in NYC have all seemed to sell out instantaneously. Back at Coachella 2004, I diligently tried to convince my gang to catch one of their earliest performances, but no one knew who the hell they were so we saw someone else instead. From what I hear, LCD Soundsystem is always good for an unparalleled live show, creating a sort of hypnotic dance explosion. By contrast, check out this old favorite of mine, "Tired" - an ode to James Murphy's love of post-punk.

DOWNLOAD LCD Soundsystem - Tired

*****


HOT CHIP
I'm finally seeing Hot Chip for the first time this Friday at Webster Hall and I'm ecstatic about it. This will be the one event that makes me feel that all is not lost by missing Coachella this year. Check out this new Hot Chip track, "My Piano".

DOWNLOAD Hot Chip - My Piano (radio mix)

*****


!!!
I saw !!! live a couple years ago at Great American Music Hall in San Francisco and they were fun as hell. Their infectious energy demands that you dance and if you don't, you're dead. Here's an outtake from the latest album "Myth Takes".

DOWNLOAD !!! - Bend Over Beethoven (Original Nashville Jam)

*****


THE RAPTURE
So maybe I wouldn't have caught The Rapture at Coachella this year, as I've seen them a few times now. But they always put on a solid show with a great light spectacle. Not to be missed if you've never experienced these guys live. Here's an old fave from the EP "Out of the Races and Onto the Tracks".

DOWNLOAD The Rapture - The Pop Song

Coachella.com

No comments: