The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Countdown to Coachella part 1 - 11 Days...


This year will mark the first time in four years that I WILL NOT be heading out to the desert for the Coachella Festival. As depressed as I am about this, I still find the need to torture myself with this two week series, highlighting the bands that I would have caught during the three day weekend. Here goes...


THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
Probably one of my top 5 all-time favorite bands emerges from a nine year hibernation to headline Day 1. "Stardust Remedy" is one of my favorite tracks off their last album "Munki", released back in 1998.
DOWNLOAD Jesus and Mary Chain - Stardust Remedy

*****

OF MONTREAL
Their recent album "Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?" is by far one of the year's best as of yet. But I still love the bouncy fun single "The Party's Crashing Us Down" from 2005's "The Sunlandic Twins".
DOWNLOAD Of Montreal - The Party's Crashing Us Down

*****


FELIX DA HOUSECAT
One of my favorite guilty pleasures is the 2004 release by Felix da Housecat "Devin Dazzle & the Neon Fever". Check out the track "What She Wants", featuring James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem.
DOWNLOAD Felix Da Housecat - What She Wants

For those of you who are lucky enough to make it to Coachella this year, please share your stories as I will live vicariously through you.

Coachella.com

No comments: