The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Countdown to Coachella - 9 Days...



SHARON JONES & THE DAP KINGS, Bushwick, Brooklyn


Honestly, I think this is the act that I'm most excited to see. Not only have Ms. Jones and her Dap King's recorded all three of their amazing records just around the corner from my humble apartment in Bushwick, but these records have grown on me in a way I can't use words to express. When I listen to these records I feel like I'm 14 years old again, rediscovering the passion that music can convey.

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights (music video)


YO MAJESTY, Tampa, Florida


Yo Majesty first rocked my world when they opened for CSS last summer at the Fillmore East in New York. These chicks from Tampa, Florida know how to move a crowd. They have been known to strip off their tops on stage, prance around with Beth Ditto, and most importantly, make jams that recall the 2LiveCrew era of hip-hop. Do not play the following video at work or around right wing relatives...but be there for their performance at Coachella. No one will tell.

Yo Majesty - Club Action (music video) - NSFW!!!


SPANK ROCK, Philadelphia, PA


Spank Rock has been very busy the last year. When not remixing or opening for Bjork, getting nasty with Bangers & Cash, or helping a sister out, Spank Rock has a vital career of his own. Check out his 2006 debut LP YoYoYoYoYo. This should be off the hook.

Spank Rock - Rick Rubin (music video)'

BONDE DO ROLE, Sao Paulo, Brazil


This one should be really interesting. I may be biased (I do have a photo of Marina framed over my desk), but how can this group go on without its lead woman? Marina left the band recently and has been replaced by not one, but two new lead females. I saw these guys almost two years ago in San Francisco and they were fantastic. But I have no idea how the recent shake up of the band will effect its sound and overall show. I'll be there to find out.

Bonde do Role (w/ Marina) - Salta O Frango (music video)

No comments: