The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

CSS & YO MAJESTY @ Fillmore East at Irving Plaza - June 01, 2007

Okay, I'm not a professional photographer at all, but at the last minute I ended up with a photo press pass for the CSS set at Irving Plaza (sadly not for Yo Majesty) and took these photos with my cheap little digital camera. But I think a few turned out kinda cool.

-Lovefoxxx

CSS really rocked on Friday. The first three songs, while I was in the photo pit, were electric. They played an awesome new song first, then things exploded when they flew into 'Alala'. Lovefoxxx dived into the audience right over my head. It was insane. The rest of the show was absolutely solid, adreneline charged party-rock at its finest. Other highlights included 'Art Bitch', the cover of L7's 'Pretend We're Dead', recent LOGO hit 'Off the Hook', and the double encore culminating in a triumphant take on their biggest hit 'Let's Make Love (and Listen To Death From Above)'.

It is rumored that Lovefoxxx announced her pregnancy (presumably with Simon Taylor of KLAXONS) during the show, though I was obliterated at that point and somehow missed it.

-Lovefoxxx

YO MAJESTY opened the show and oh my fucking god. These guys are going to be huge. Three ladies from Tampa, Florida who shake it hard and bring down the house nasty style. This shit was out of control! To be honest, I've never seen this type of show before, but it reminded me of what it would have been like to see an early SALT 'N' PEPA show or maybe 2 LIVE CREW in Miami circa 1990. I can't praise these girls enough. Check them out. The photos I took of these guys turned out really bad so I won't bother posting them. Does anyone have any good ones?

-Luiza Sa

All photos by Scot Bowman ©2007

Here is a really great amateur video of 'Fuck Off is Not the Only Thing' from the Irving Plaza show.

C.S.S. - 'Fuck Off Is Not the Only Thing (live at Fillmore East)'

No comments: