The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The YEAH YEAH YEAHS Free Show


Well, I spent 45 minutes standing against a brick wall down by the water in Williamsburg, listening to the YEAH YEAH YEAHS rehearse (through the wall), and all I got was a timid "Sold out! No more wristbands!" I was so disappointed. But really, I fucked up. I lined up on S. 2nd St. rather than the designated S. 1st St. option, wasting a good 15 minutes of line-up time. I really think it came down to that moment of stale-brain that seems to get me oh so many times.

Anyway, I got turned away (along with 200 or so other black-laden wannabe YYY riverside art gallery rockers) and ended up slamming Stellas at Broadway Diner with cohorts Emily and Jacob. Whatever. At least I got to hear them rehearse. But say that wasn't them rehearsing. I can't really be sure. There was no KAREN O on vocal. And I didn't really recognize the jams to be that of said YYY's. But why would anyone else be playing an obscure art gallery in Williamsburg at four-thirty in the afternoon?

It seems there is quite a controversy about the whole thing. But honestly, everyone needs to just chill!

No comments: