The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Friday, November 07, 2008

Underground Alert - SHARON VAN ETTEN


Sharon Van Etten is a gorgeous singer/songwriter based in Bushwick, who recently got a lot of blog love during the CMJ Music Marathon. Her independent release of "home recordings" is a beautiful collection of raw and personal compositions that reveal an emerging voice of astounding talent. The opening track "I Wish I Knew" is so heart-wrenching I find myself gutted with every listen. I am kicking myself for accidentally missing her performance at the Northeast Kingdom lounge last night, but she is playing again at Zebulon in Brooklyn on Sunday night.

"I Wish I Knew" also appeared on this summer's Welcome to Bushwick compilation.

Sharon Van Etten - I Wish I Knew (stream)

Listen to more from Sharon Van Etten here. You can also purchase the limited edition independent debut via Paypal.

No comments: