The Sky Report has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://theskyreport.com
and update your bookmarks. To view the post you came here for, simply search the artist name in the sidebar at the new site!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MY BLOODY VALENTINE Rip Manhattan Apart


Last night Roseland Ballroom was the hottest place to be, not only in New York, but in the whole world. It is truly a Godsend that Kevin Shields reunited the original members of My Bloody Valentine for their first tour in 16 years. I feel especially lucky to have witnessed this epic return to the stage by one of the greatest bands of my lifetime. The 90 minute set (the first of two sold out nights at Roseland) was absolutely mesmerizing. From the captivating opener "I Only Said" to the mind-altering 20 minute wall-of-sound climax, this was an astounding show. Every song seemed to be a highlight, but some of those included ferocious and devastating renditions of classic tracks like "Only Shallow", "Soon", and "When You Sleep".


The previously mentioned wall-of-sound climax was unreal. With earplugs firmly intact, I felt like I was the guy at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey - traveling at light speed, trying to catch my breath and feeling the rumble of sound in every single part of my body, for twenty minutes. It was madness, like I was starting to lose my mind! Sensory overload in the most amazing way possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a cool image! Look like its from outer-space.

kenyon said...

the end of 2001. great comparison!